Transport of the 650 tonne Shiploader unit included design of 70 tonne steel support frame which evenly distributed the load to the hydraulically floating 192 tires, development of the jacking procedure, and evaluation of the wharf structure’s ability to support the loads.
- Design, fabrication and installation of the custom transport frame.
- Transportation of the massive load by land and sea from Sydney on Vancouver Island to the Kinder Morgan Terminal on the North Shore of Vancouver Harbour.
- Co-ordination of several authorities having jurisdiction including Victoria Airport Authority.
- Floating Load-Out to barge in both Victoria and Vancouver harbours.
- Marine securement for barge transport.